Restore Your Glowing Skin with Microdermabrasion
Since staying out of the sun is not always an option, microdermabrasion is your secret to looking date-night ready. And, whether you're a man's man or a girly woman, in the prime of your youth or proudly rich with years of wisdom, the beauty of this 30 minute procedure is that it's perfect for most anyone looking to freshen up their face. From erasing years from your appearance to reversing the damaging effects of tanning your skin.
The sun isn't picky, damaging skin of any age, gender or tone. But, with our professionally- trained Staff, microderm could be the answer to your search for the Fountain of Youth. The icing on cake is that the benefits of microdermabrasion apply to almost any skin type, so instead of looking years beyond your age, come talk to your experts at Laser Technique to learn how most effects of sun damaged skin can be reversed with a few sessions of this exfoliating masterpiece!
What is Microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion, also known as Microderm, is a cosmetic procedure that use a minimally abrasive instrument to remove the top layer of sun-damaged and dead skin cells, leaving behind a healthier, younger you. This type of skin rejuvenation is used to treat light scarring (acne), discoloration, sun damage, and stretch marks.
In addition to its already long list of benefits, microdermabrasion also stimulates the creation of collagen and cell turnover, thicken your collagen, which results in a younger looking complexion. Immediately following a microdermabrasion session, skin feels smoother and tighter.
See The Results
Note new pink collagen (red arrow) and thickened epidermis (white arrow).
*Collagen is a protein in your skin that's abundant when you're a child and makes skin appear taut and smooth. Collagen production declines as we age, resulting in looser, uneven skin.
Notice the Smooth Finish
We're not all born with flawless skin, but after a few microdermabrasion sessions, you'll be more than ready for your close-up-or that stroll down the red carpet.
Improve age spots and black heads.
Improve hyperpigmentation (patches of darkened skin).
Exfoliate your skin, resulting in a refreshed appearance.
Lessen the appearance of stretch marks.
Reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
Reduce or eliminate enlarged pores.
Treat acne and the scars left by acne.
Top 10 benefits of microdermabrasion:
1. Rejuvenates sun damaged skin - The sun can do a number on your skin, causing sun spots, wrinkles and enlarge pores. But, freshening up your skin is a cinch with a few microdermabrasion sessions.
2. Eases age spots - Microderm is like giving your skin cells a pep talk, stimulating new cells to replace the damaged ones as you watch your age spots- which is actually caused by sun damage that can strike at any age.
3. Painless - Whether exfoliating with crystals or paddles, this painless treatment exfoliates the skin without the tears, even if you aren't the toughest of men.
4. Improves the look of fine lines and wrinkles - Regardless of your age, exposing your skin to UV rays is like begging lines and wrinkles to riddle your face regardless of your age. However, microderm can step in and soften those creases and turn back the clock on aging.
5. Works quickly - Also dubbed a lunchtime procedure, microdermabrasion is a fast technique with immediate results- and with little to no downtime to force you to hide your face from your fans or your friends.
6. Makes other cosmetic procedures work better - Microderm can be combined with other procedures such as chemical peels to rejuvenate your complexion. It also helps makes it a piece of cake for topical products to penetrate through the surface layer.
7. Helps makeup look smoother - By ridding your complexion of dead skin cells and smoothing fine lines and wrinkles, microdermabrasion lets your makeup glide on for a flawless finish.
8. Gives acne treatment the advantage - Microderm opens up clogged pores that lead to acne, helping to get rid of the junk and leaving cleaner, smoother skin behind. It also opens the door for topical anti-acne treatments, making it easier for medication to penetrate the skin.
9. Improves acne scars - Softening the top layer of your skin with microdermabrasion can smooth very superficial acne scars by removing the skin’s dead cells on the surface of your skin and improving the smoothness and texture of your mug.
10. Shrinks pores - Enlarged pores aren't a pretty sight, but luckily this affordable Tinsel Town favorite will tighten enlarged pores and get your complexion paparazzi-ready.
Microdermabrasion: Need to Know
Microdermabrasion is a safe, common, non-surgical procedure that is effective on all skin types and colors, offers a great alternative to chemical peels for anyone with sensitive skin and gives us that "Glow" we all crave- but can't ever really achieve at home. You will especially love that microdermabrasion means less makeup (see you later, foundation), and more naturally gorgeous skin.
Skin will also be more sensitive to sun exposure post-treatment so don't forget your sunscreen. Moisturizing the skin is also a good idea since the procedure can dry the skin temporarily.